Monday, March 8, 2010

I want to go to an art school.


I want to go to an art school.............?
I want to go to one in New York or one in Italy. Right now there are only two that I have found that I would like to go to. Which are Pratt and Cooper Union in New York. Can you tell me if you like these and what are some other ones in this area? Can you also tell me about art schools in Italy and how I would be able to go to one? Like what do I have to do to be able to go to one there? Can you name some good ones in Italy too, Id prefer southern Italy but you can tell me northern ones if you want to.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know about Pratt or the Italian institutions, but I do know a bit about Cooper Union. I applied and was rejected from Cooper Union as a high school senior. Their admissions policy is very strict (about 12% of applicants get in). I had a 3.8 GPA, a 2040 SAT score, and a lot of extracurricular activities. Apparently their focus was on the portfolio/art questionnaire (you answer six questions with pieces of art), because that was probably the weakest portion of my application. I advise that you begin as early as possible on the portfolio, and also assemble some multimedia stuff on CD/DVD (whichever they require) if you have any. Send in your sketchbook too. I waited until the last minute to complete my portfolio/art questionnaire, so that obviously had something to do with my rejection. Start early and you'll have a much better chance. You can do it! May God bless you.
2 :
i just wrote you up the answer on ever good colledge there is in nyc and italy. It was song long and it just got delete, and i think im gona cry now!