Sunday, November 8, 2009

Italian (in Italy) schools in English


Italian (in Italy) schools in English??
Which state funded(meaning no tuition fees) schools 'Scuole Superiori' teach in English language?? I mean ordinary Italian schools (for around 18-year-olds) with Italian curriculum, but in English. If you know some anywhere in Italy??? Or where could I find about them otherwise? (I'm not in Italy)
Other - Italy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in Italy and I have never heard of this. It seems that Italian public schools are barely able to teach English as a second language (recent school reforms have cut the hours for English instruction) let alone have a whole school taught in English. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of public schools taught in any other language besides Italian here. Although there are many privates schools in which the primary language of instruction is something other than Italian. To find out information for certain, I think the best thing would be to contact your country's embassy or consulate in Italy or an Italian consulate near you in your home country.
2 :
There is no such a thing. Teaching in state-funded schools is always in italian. English speaking schools are private (tuition wanted)
3 :
Doesn't exist...it would be lovely but unfortunatley here they can barely teach English as a second language....we have many problems here and if you are non Italian and have kids I would highly recommend sending your kids to an International school. I am a teacher in the Italian University System and the Kids who are graduating in ENGLISH 70% can barely speak it, but they can recite Shakespear by heart.....its how they teach English, learning literature off by heart.....I send my kids to an International school and would never send them to a state one, which is a shame I know, but I do care for their education!!!!