Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Would taking time off from school and going to Italy be a bad idea now adays


Would taking time off from school and going to Italy be a bad idea now adays?
I'm just curious because I'm 20 years old and I've never traveled outside of the country. I'm in my third year of college right now and I feel like I need a break. I'm getting burned out from my classes and there's been a lot of construction concentrated in my area. I know construction is a part of driving and a part of life but it's been going on for like the year and a half. I get pretty good grades in school. I got a 3.8 GPA. I've thought about taking some time off school and going alone to Italy. I've brought this up with my mom and she said "You can't just take your money and go to Europe now adays, it's not safe." I realize that traveling isn't always safe, especially after seeing the movie Taken with Liam Neeson. But it's like, I'm getting so burned out, tired of school, and tired of the world around me. I've been researching Italy's culture lately because of an assignment we have to do for our language and culture class. I wish my college had a travel abroad program but they don't. I think reading about their culture has made me more interested in Italy too. Plus I've been single for most of my life. It's like a dream of mine to go to Europe and hook up with some beautiful European woman. This wouldn't be the main reason for me to go to Europe. I was merely saying that if I had randomly met a girl in Italy that I liked and fell in love with her, it would be nice.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are numerous programs that will allow you to work or study in Italy or elsewhere in Europe. Do a web search and check the programs. Traveling abroad while you're young can really be an amazing experience because you're old enough to appreciate the differences in the cultures and you have no other encumbrances (family, job, school) so you can spend more time overseas. Just don't expect things to be the way they are in the U.S. The reason for traveling is to expand and enrich your life, so enjoy the food, enjoy the people, enjoy the scenery and take the different attitudes, bathrooms, etc., in stride.
2 :
if you dont plan on going to school there, it is a bad idea money wise, because tuition fees and blah blah blah blah economy blah blah blah blah inflation blah blah blah blah THROUGH THE ROOF! otherwise go for it.