Tuesday, August 24, 2010

l'm going to Italy next year


l'm going to Italy next year?
Two of my friends and I are going with school to Italy for ten days next year. I'm trying to learn fluent Italian (it's actually coming along really well!). I want to know the best restaurants in: Venice, Florence, Orvieto, Capri, Rome, the Vatican area, and Sorrento. We want to go somewhere that isn't crowded with tourists but isn't hard to access from the main streets of the city, and is safe for three sixteen year old girls to be going, maybe with a couple of other people. What would you recomend. Oh, and where would you go shopping. Nothing too expensive, but good quality. Thanks so much!! Yikes, typo in the title. I meant I'm I love being overly prepared SERIOUSLY!
Other - Italy - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In Rome shopping is no prob. If you go to local markets you'll find what you're looking for. My school senior trip is hopefully to Rome too! I hope the proposal is accepted I'm really exited. They always go to florida or upstate NY so It would be nice to see a change PS. Relax you have time!
2 :
go home!
3 :
good for you
4 :
You will be surprised how easy it is to get around, if you know French or Spanish....but it doesn't hurt to know Italian. Most signs have several languages posted....you will be fine there. I enjoy eating where the locals eat...however ...I do not recommend that two sixteen year olds go wandering in the cities....Americans do not have the best of reputations...there. In fact I would recommend you stay with your group...please. You can still enjoy yourself..there is so much to do... Most cities have a market for shopping....and it is alright to bargain....but be respectful...don't expect something for nothing...that is an insult. Oh...watch for "knock offs"....you will find people selling Prada knock offs on the street corner...do not buy them...they will be taken from you at customs...and you could be fined...
5 :
To eat, if you're learning italian, give a look to the wilki 2spaghi where u can find restaurants of all kind, rated by customers and updated. Shopping in Capri, Venice and Sorrento could be very expansive. Rome give a lots of opportunity .... for every budget and near or along the main streets ... Have a nice time in Italy!