Thursday, December 16, 2010

How many languages do you recommend someone take in high school


How many languages do you recommend someone take in high school?
From either experience or even having just heard info about this. I really wanted to take italian this summer at a community college that i will also be taking a writing class in. I am a sophomore now, 16, and going to be a junior next year, i will also be taking college in high school for credits. So i will take a german class that is joint with an english class(hope that makes sense). To prepare myself im going to take a writing class...but i wanted to take italian. If i take italian and it was offered again, at another quarter then i would take the second course. BUT...because i want to go into the medical field, i am now torn because i am being offered to take Latin. What do you think? I also want to go to europe again....possibly a cooking school in italy or france. I understand that kids in other countries learn tons of languages at once and take extensive courses, but im not set up that way and im scared of trying it but i also want a challenge. Also, i was thinking of seperating the classes...like german first year (this upcoming yr) and then italian/latin.....what do you think?
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I take 2 language classes in school (English, Chinese) which are graded for, but I take 2 other languages in my own leisure time too. Polish and German. :)