Thursday, November 8, 2012

How much would it cost to take a low budget three week trip to Italy and Spain


How much would it cost to take a low budget three week trip to Italy and Spain?
I would like to take a three week trip to Italy and Spain when I finish law school. I would be flying out of San Francisco. I am not afraid to do a "low budget" trip, staying in hostels, etc. How much should I budget?
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't really know. But if you want to save money stay in hostels (that is if you are young enough to, usually under 30).
2 :
I was planning a similar trip with a friend of mine. If you are willing to stay in hostels and are getting around via eurail, it would cost most likely somewhere in the neighborhood of $2800-3200, based on about $900 for air, $400 for a eurail pass, about $25 per night in hostels times 20 nights which is $500, meals of about $20 per day for another $500, plus about $500 for miscellaneous expenses. If nothing else, the Euro is absolutely plummeting, so you'll save some money there.