Friday, October 1, 2010

Is it possible for me to home school my children


Is it possible for me to home school my children?
Soon my fiance and I will be getting married and hopefully starting a family of our own. My problem is, he is a citizen of Italy and although I'm a citizen of the united states, we plan on living in his country. Now i'm not sure from what i've been looking at, is home schooling in Italy illegal and if it is, considering my status as a US citizen is their anyway can i still home school them? Any information would be great help, thank you! Wow i didnt know about that! i'll definitely be asking my fiance about it! >.> Also it is planning for the future, i don't have any children yet,^^.
Home Schooling - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
From what I know of Italy, probably not unless you are going to live on a U.S. military base. I really wouldn't want to live there as their laws concerning the family and its dynamics are horrid. Go to www.parentalrights.org and you'll find lots more than you ever wanted to know! If you want the best for your family, don't move there. The birth rate there is dropping like a stone and for good reason. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like this time, there isn't much of a choice. Your children can be removed from your home on "suspicion' that you "might" be doing something bad. All it takes is one phone call from a disgruntled person...and your children are in state custody.
2 :
From what I can see at HSLDA, homeschooling is legal in Italy; it's not as widespread as in the US, but it's legal. There are apparently groups that are trying to make extra curricular activities available, but currently they are available part-time through some schools. Do you have children of school age right now, or are you thinking ahead to when you have them? Oy...seeing what the Italian government does, I agree with the poster above me. I don't think you could pay me to raise children there.
3 :
OMG, as a homeschooling auntie to two children for the past two years I also read the report and it scared the living daylight out of me. I did further research as I do not like to take info from just one source and there are so many concerns regarding rights of a family right now, I would seriously consider having a long chat with your husband to be asap. What does he think of this?. Not wanting to be an alarmist but where do you think you will stand with your children if push comes to shove about not just their rights but yours under the laws of the country.
4 :
why not , check this out homeschool.com