Saturday, October 8, 2011

Where can I go in Italy to study old-school Catholic liturgical MUSIC


Where can I go in Italy to study old-school Catholic liturgical MUSIC?
Hi, I'm a youngish professional musician working in the Catholic Church. I have two music degrees from reputable conservatories, but I am looking to get some real hands-on experience with the great liturgical tradition of chant and sacred music in the Catholic Church. Aside from one or two specialized university programs, there doen't seem to be much along those lines here in the states. Anway, I have some money saved up and am looking to go to Italy or the Vatican City to experience and study this great art first-hand. Can anyone recommend a possible jumping off point in terms of Univsersities or Institutions where I might be able to participate in and/or study this great tradition? I was hoping that the Pontifical Institute of Sacred Music would be the place to start, but most of their website is in Italian and doesn't seem to have been updated since 2007. By the way, my Italian is functional, and I would certainly work to improve it if I were going over there. Thanks- Pax Christi!!
Religion & Spirituality - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I suggest you email imacatholic2. He is a walking Catholic encyclopedia. http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile?show=AA11440601