Saturday, January 1, 2011

What does Italian "Vivevo nell'appartamento che mi aveva regalato mio padre a 18 anni." mean in English


What does Italian "Vivevo nell'appartamento che mi aveva regalato mio padre a 18 anni." mean in English?
Question 1) The same as the title question Question 2) Is Societa Dante Aligheri a good language school in Italy? Or University of Perugia and Siena? I plan to travel to Italy and do a short course there
Other - Italy - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1) I used to live in the flat/apartment that my father gave to me when I was 18 (or also "when I turned 18", it is not very clear which one of the two meanings the person who wrote this wanted to convey, but the 2nd one is likely to be the most common one). 2) Don't know
2 :
1 I lived in the apartment that my father had given to me as a gift at age 18. #2 Società Dante Alighieri is a society that promotes the Italian culture and language around the world.It It was formed in Italy in July 1889. As of today it operates throughout the world, with branches from the United States to Australia. Between Dante Perugia and Siena Dante seems the best for Italian language.
3 :
1-I live in the apartment that my father gave me at 18 years old. 2-I didn't understand it. Sorry :(
4 :
- "I lived n the apartment that my father gave to me (as a gift) when I was 18". - Perugia / Urbino have the biggest concentration of foreigners learning Italian in the country. They must be doing something right if so many non-Italian go there to learn the language. - The Dante Aligheri teaches Italian & Italian Life & Culture and are a mandated State institution. They operate world wide. - I would go to Urbino.