Monday, January 24, 2011

I am going to Italy this summer with my high school choir. I am really excited but i dont know what to wear.


I am going to Italy this summer with my high school choir. I am really excited but i dont know what to wear...
I know that we are going to Rome, Milan and Venice. I also know that Italy is a place of fashion and fun. I want to dress causal but still fashion forward. I have heard from classmates that there are dress restrictions for going to the churches in Italy. What are they exactly? Are sun dresses appropriate? Jeans or shorts? Tanktops? Please Help....
Fashion & Accessories - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
all i know is that in certain places in italy your knees and shoulders must be covered at all times
2 :
hey! I went to Italy in summer 06, so I can answer your questions. Honestly, italian people dress just like american people. Just wear what you like. AND NO, NOT SWEAT PANTS! ;) I wore a lot of skirts and tight jeans and really nice shirts.. I wore jewelry (like the ones from claire's).... and I did my hair everyday. As for the church thing. YES, they do have restrictions. You have to wear something that covers the shoulders, and most of your legs. so.. NO SHORTS AND SKIRTS. I just wore a sundress that went down to my knees, and a shrug/shawl that went down to wrists over it. xD
3 :
okay, so this summer i went to italy for my third time. we went for a month, and it was SUPER fun. you will love it. first of all, yes, the churches do have restrictions. you have to were shoulder covering shirts, (no tanks) modest shirts (not a lot of cleavage) and sometimes no short shorts. you can always but a shawl for cheap to cover your shoulders if you forget, i had to do that alot. second, when we visited rome, it was really hot. you will want to bring all your typical summer clothing for italy, but bring some light layers for night, it gets colder then. if you really don't want to be an obvious tourist, then bring a nicer skirt or casuel dress for lunch. as you may know, lunch is the biggest meal of the day in italy, and it is considered inappropriate to wear little tiny pants and shirts for that. sun dresses are perfect, i practically lived in those. oh, and bermuda shorts do wonders, they are the perfect length thirdly, the fashion in italy in always changing. bring items of clothing that are timeless and cute. you can always but something while you are there. have lots of fun! i hope i helped, and have a lovely trip! <3