Thursday, May 24, 2012

Will my cat remember me if I leave for a year


Will my cat remember me if I leave for a year?
I'm going to study abroad in Italy next school year for about ten months, and I'm scared that my cat is going to forget me when I come home. I know it's stupid, but I've had her for fourteen years. Again, this will sound stupid, but we're really attached, and I don't want her to not remember me when I return.
Cats - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
nope! they usually forget fast!
2 :
Of course she will. I was away from my cat from a year and when I came back, it was like I was never gone. If you've had her for that long, your scent and such are embedded in her mind. She is not going to forget you.
3 :
after that long, and if you're really close then of course she wont! she will probably be waiting for you to come home!! i bet when you get back she will run to you :) x
4 :
She will remember you, not to fret. My cat Winston (who is skittish around strangers) hadn't seen my niece in 5-1/2 years. When she came to visit, he jumped on her lap, started purring and rubbing her, proceeded to fill her in on the haps for the past five years, then exhausted, curled up on her lap, and happily went to sleep. She will remember you and be thrilled to see you when you get home.
5 :
your her mummy - she loves you - she will remember you!!!
6 :
She'll remember you, unless she's a kitten. Kittens have shorter memory. She'll have to sniff you first of course:)
7 :
Yes, she will remember you. I had my cat since he was 4 weeks old and took care of him for 1 1/2 years. I then had to move in with my sick grandparents and I sent my cat to live with my parents for a while because I didn't think he would like my Grandmas dog too much. Anyways, whenever I came to visit (every few months) he was so excited to see me, and when I came back to take him home a year later, he was so happy. The second he walked in his new home he purred really loud and was very affectionate, which he usually is not!
8 :
Your cat might not remember you when she SEES you again, but she'll absolutely remember you when she SMELLS you again. I read in a book about cats that they have amazing memories for scent and can remember people, other animals and places for years, based on scent. P.S. Good luck on your studies abroad. I did the same thing in my college years and it was the best experience!